TABLE OF CONTENTS
|Title:||Christie-Thompson Wedding Memorabilia|
|Abstract:||Consists of several wedding related memorabilia pertaining to the wedding of Mary Virginia Christie and James Chalmers Thompson, taking place in Newark, N.J. in 1912.|
|Quantity:||.05 linear feet/ 1 folder|
|Collection Number:||MG 1557|
The marriage of Mary Virginia Christie and James Chalmers Thompson took place on October 17, 1912 at Grace Episcopal Church in Newark, New Jersey. Mary Virginia was a musician from Fairmont, West Virginia and James was secretary of the Black Diamond Vinegar Product Company in Fairmont. The wedding took place in Newark, so the bride's former pastor, a close friend of the family, could perform the ceremony. After the wedding, the bride and groom left for Boston to visit Mary Virginia's brother, Mr. Carney Christie.
This collection of memorabilia from the marriage of Mary Virginia Christie to James Chalmers Thompson includes a wedding announcement, The Marriage Service Book containing the marriage vows and marriage certificate, a postcard of the interior of Grace Episcopal Church, and a Fairmont, West Virginia newspaper clipping announcing the marriage with a short biography about the bride and groom.
|The entries below represent persons, organizations, topics, forms, and occupations documented in this collection.|
|Christie, Mary Virginia.|
|Thompson, James Chalmers.|
|Grace Episcopal Church (Newark, N.J.)|
|Marriage service--New Jersey--Newark.|
|Upper class--New Jersey--Newark.|
This collection should be cited as: Manuscript Group 1557, Christie-Thompson Wedding Memorabilia, The New Jersey Historical Society.
This collection was purchased from Crown Collectibles in 2002.
|1||1||Official wedding announcement, Episcopal marriage service book, Grace Church postcard, and newspaper clipping of wedding announcement.||1912 Oct.|
Submit a request to copy part of this collection
The New Jersey Historical Society
52 Park Place - Newark, NJ 07102
(973) 596-8500 - Fax: (973) 596-6957
Copyright © 2001, The New Jersey Historical Society