TABLE OF CONTENTS
|Creator:||St. Paul's Church (Newark, N.J.)|
|Title:||St. Paul's Church Record Book|
|Abstract:||Consists of a record book of St. Paul's Church (Newark, N.J.) covering the time span from August 1, 1862 to September 19, 1875.|
|Quantity:||0.02 linear feet (1 folder)|
|Collection Number:||MG 1611|
St. Paul's Church, currently located at 466 High Street in Newark, New Jersey, was founded in 1852 as a chapel with a schoolhouse. The original property, a farm, was given to this Episcopalian parish as a gift of Jeremiah C. Garthwaite. In 1856, efforts were made to build a church, which was finally completed in 1889. The total cost of the new church was $78,248.
The record book of St. Paul's Church covers the time span from August 1, 1862 to September 19, 1875; it contains minutes of meetings concerning the establishment of the new church as well as financial records detailing the specific contributions and names of donors.
|The entries below represent persons, organizations, topics, forms, and occupations documented in this collection.|
|Episcopal Church--New Jersey.|
|Church finances--United States.|
|Church fund raising--United States.|
This collection should be cited as: Manuscript Group 1611, St. Paul's Church Record Book, The New Jersey Historical Society.
The source of the collection is unknown.
|1||1||Record book: Containing financial records with a list of the names of donors and the amount donated as well as minutes of meetings concerning the construction of a new church. Also containing one sheet of blotting paper laid in.||1862 Aug. 1-1875 Sept. 19|
Submit a request to copy part of this collection
The New Jersey Historical Society
52 Park Place - Newark, NJ 07102
(973) 596-8500 - Fax: (973) 596-6957
Copyright © 2001, The New Jersey Historical Society