Large toll plaza serving Turnpike motorists to and from
Jersey City and downtown New York City.
MORE RELAXED DRIVING
The New Jersey Turnpike symbolizes the most modern highway in construction,
incorporating all of the latest safety features known to engineering science.
You can best enjoy the benefits of this safer, sounder highway if you follow
these simple rules:
- Have your car, lights and tires checked regularly.
- Stay within the posted speed limit at all times.
- Slow down when fog, snow, ice, rain or other adverse driving
conditions require it.
- Maintain a reasonable distance from the car ahead of you.
- Always keep to the right. Pass vehicles only on the left.
"Weaving" from lane to lane is unlawful.
- Never stop on travel lanes. In case of a breakdown move
to the right hand shoulder and await Police aid.
NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE AUTHORITY
New Brunswick, New Jersey